15 September 2010

I've Been Cat Surfed

Photobucket

Cats have a natural aptitude for surfing. I know this through personal experience of having been a surfboard for several of them the past few nights.

Just as I'm trying to get to sleep, one cat will stand on my butt, one on my legs, maybe another one on my upper back. And yes, I said, "stand" mind you. Because what they're doing is waiting for me to move so they can start surfing me.


Photobucket

Perhaps the word "logrolling" would be a more apt description.

Photobucket

The rule of the game, as far as I can tell, is to remain in the same place on top of me as I attempt to roll over. It doesn't matter how much I move, it only seems to make them more determined to stay on. If I attempt to kick them off, they only relish in it.

It's very demeaning.

And the Hawaiian shirts only add insult to injury.







.
.
.
.
.

3 comments:

Sally said...

Jake points out that the correct terminology for this activity would be 'Jovanka surfing'. Or possibly 'Commedienne surfing'. But not cat surfing, as feline injuries could occur.

Todd Mason said...

Just been made aware of you by vintage DORK FOREST episode #3...cats do indeed love us as heating mattresses (one of the family cats apparently would sleep atop me, but I managed to not move enough to awaken him, nor for him to awaken me). That was our New Hampshire cat, before we moved to Hawaii and started gathering Hawaiian cats.

Charlie's Tribe said...

Our little sausage dogs do it too, although, has to be said, without any of the cat's style or grace.